Chipstead Valley Primary School was designated a National Teaching School in April 2014. As a Teaching School, we work with a number of cluster schools and strategic partners and form the Valley Teaching School Alliance. Together we are dedicated to raising standards in teaching and learning and improving the achievement of all pupils by:
- Playing a greater role in recruiting and training new entrants to the profession (Initial Teacher Training);
- Leading peer-to-peer professional and leadership development (Continuing Professional Development);
- Identifying and developing leadership potential (Succession Planning and Talent Management);
- Providing support for other schools;
- Designating and brokering Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs);
- Engaging in research and development activity.